Some of the most successful businesses in the history of the American economy were, and continue to be, founded by innovative immigrants from all around the world. The team at Ellaine Carr and Associates supports this entrepreneurial spirit and we encourage you to contact our team to determine what entrepreneur visa option might be best for your unique circumstances.
There are a number of potential options, including:
- B-1: entrepreneurs seeking to come to the United States to attend meetings, locate office space, interview potential staff, and finalize contracts might qualify for this visa.
- E-2: available to citizens of countries that have a commerce treaty with the United States, the E-2 visa is available to entrepreneurs seeking to invest a substantial amount of money in a new or existing U.S. business.
- H-1B: a skilled entrepreneur planning to form or work in a business that normally requires a bachelor’s degree or higher within a related field may qualify for an H-1B visa. Examples might include – a medical practice, engineering, or a software company.
- L-1: entrepreneurs that have worked abroad in a managerial or executive capacity for at least one year might qualify to open a new office within the U.S. on this visa.
- O-1: entrepreneurs that have risen to the top of their profession within the arts, business or sciences, and whom have received a high degree of acclaim and recognition, might qualify for this visa.
- EB-1: similar to the non-immigrant O-1, entrepreneurs who are within the top percent of their arts, business, or science profession, may qualify for this immigrant visa.
- EB-2 Professional: entrepreneurs with either a Master’s degree or higher within their intended profession, or a bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of progressive experience within their profession, might qualify for this visa.
- EB-2 National Interest: entrepreneurs performing work national in scope that will benefit the U.S. economy, cultural interests, education interests or general welfare of the United States may qualify for this visa.
To begin the entrepreneurial visa process, contact the team at Ellaine Carr and Associates to determine which path is best for you. We will work with you to come up with the best strategy possible tailored to your unique circumstances.