The United States offers a number of visas for those wishing to study at an accredited American University or Secondary School. Opportunities exist for study at academic schools (F-1 visa), study at vocational schools (M-1 visa), and shorter periods of study as an exchange student (J-1 visa). Spouses and children of F-1, M-1, and J-1 visa holders may also accompany the student to the United States.